Retail & Consumer IP Audio
PUTTING AUDIO TO WORK...
- Shops & Shopping Centres
- Food Retail & Supermarkets
- Department Stores
- Automotive Retailers
- Home Furnishing Stores
Retail & Consumer Sound Systems
Shops, shopping centres and wider retail sector settings employ sound systems to create mood and atmosphere – used within important marketing / branding strategy.
Typical Retail and Consumer sound system audio applications:
- Background Music (BGM)
- Retail Tannoy, Paging & Public Address (PA) – staff and customer announcements
- Scheduled audio Message Playout – store messages, advertisements
- Digital / Audio Signage
Background Music (BGM)
Background Music (BGM) is synonymous with most retail settings. Backed by numerous industry reports, BGM is used collectively with other retail marketing and branding strategies to improve shopper experiences – statistically underpinning higher customer spending.
- Stored Audio Playback (music player)
- Music Streaming Service (eg. Soundtack Your Brand)
- ‘Curated’ local/streaming music service (popular option / choice)
- Zoned Audio – The ability to select and playout different BGM to different store areas
Mass Notification (Tannoy, Paging, PA)
Staff and customer mass notification through audio communication using ‘Tannoy’, Paging and Public Address (PA) applications are regularly employed in retail and consumer settings.
- Staff Call / Announcements
- Public / Shopper Announcements
Audio Message Playout
Pre-recorded audio tones and messages are used within many retail and consumer settings. On demand, triggered or scheduled playout of stored audio messages are used.
- Store Messages (warnings, closing)
- Advertisements / campaigns
- Security & Incident, Lockdown
Digital / Audio Signage (give screens a Voice!)
Audio signage gives digital visual marketing and informational signage a voice. Access via smartphone app, audio signage adds capability to existing or new digital signage and marketing strategy.
- Advertisement & Marketing
- Informational Messages
Retail & Consumer IP Audio
IP audio is a great fit for retail and consumer settings. Scheduling, flexible zoning, time of day audio routing and volume control are conveniently managed through firmware, software and browser GUI.
IP Audio vs Traditional Audio…
- Offers much improved capability, scalability, management & control
- Provide topology and audio routing options not available with traditional audio
- Requires little or no centralised system equipment
Traditional Audio vs IP Audio…
- Lower system, device and speaker costs
- Wide manufacturer and product choice availability
- Established sales and support channels
Which audio technology?
Retail and consumer projects requiring access to some of the improved capabilities of IP audio such as flexible management of audio source and audio output (routing and volume control), are likely to require and embrace IP audio. Balancing cost and capability, it is also possible to consider an integrated IP / Traditional system solution mixing both technologies for less complex / demanding project designs.
Retail IP Audio
Want more details about IP Audio?
Need to discuss a new IP audio system design or project?
Want to learn more about IP audio applications?