NHS & Healthcare IP Audio
AUDIO IN ACTION...
- Hospitals, Clinics & GP Surgeries
- Carehomes & Hospices
- Healthcare Sciences
- Medical Development / Labs
Hospital Sound System | NHS & Healthcare
Audio systems are employed by many NHS and healthcare settings to aid communications and to improve patient / visitor experiences. Example healthcare & hospital sound system audio applications include:
- Accident & Emergency (A&E) response
- Healthcare Hospital Tannoy, Paging & Public Address (PA) – staff, patients & visitors
- Patient Call Systems (reception areas, triage etc.)
- Background Music (BGM) – waiting / reception areas
- Scheduled audio Message Playout – system testing, security, lockdown
- Smoking Deterrent Systems
Accident & Emergency (A&E) Response
Many A&E and associated ED settings now use audio to communicate with staff. Co-ordination of staff and particularly used with serious inbound emergencies to muster and ready A&E doctors, nurses and supporting staff.
IP Tannoy, Paging, Public Address (PA)
Staff, patients and visitors – general communication.
- Staff Call / Announcements
- Guest & Visitor Announcements
Next Patient Call
Employed in various healthcare settings to enable information and instruction to call in patients to see doctor, nurse, triage etc.
- Simple audio system
- Integrate with wall board / visual patient call
Background Music (BGM)
Often used in many healthcare settings – reception areas, waiting rooms and other similar patient / visitor areas.
- Stored Audio Playback (local IP music player)
- Music Streaming Service (eg. Soundtack Your Brand)
- ‘Curated’ local/streaming music service (popular option / choice)
- Zoned Audio – The ability to select and playout different BGM to different areas
Audio Message Playout
Pre-recorded audio tones and messages are used within many hospitality settings. On demand, triggered or scheduled playout of stored audio messages are used.
- Guest and Visitor announcements
- Marketing / campaigns
- Systems testing (eg. fire alarm)
- Security & Incident, Lockdown
Smoking Deterrent System
Smoking is completely banned within many healthcare and hospital settings. Audio smoking deterrent systems help to support and enforce no-smoking policy.
- Manual, scheduled and auto triggering options
- Often used at entrance / A&E healthcare locations
- Enforce no-smoking rules and policy
Hospital IP Sound System
Many healthcare settings have invested in their IT and network provisioning (wired and WiFI network access is required by many medical systems, devices and supporting equipment). IP Audio leverages this investment, enabling simple, scalable designs and installation across large sites and buildings – limiting cabling and local engineering disruption.
IP Audio vs Traditional Audio…
- Offers much improved capability, scalability, management & control
- Provide topology and audio routing options not available with traditional audio
- Requires little or no centralised system equipment
Traditional Audio vs IP Audio…
- Lower system, device and speaker costs
- Wide manufacturer and product choice availability
- Established sales and support channels
Which audio technology?
Healthcare audio projects requiring access to some of the improved capabilities of IP audio such as flexible management of audio source and audio output (routing and volume control), are likely to require and embrace IP audio. Balancing cost and capability, it is also possible to consider an integrated IP / Traditional system solution mixing both technologies for less complex / demanding project designs.
Healthcare IP Audio
Want more details about IP Audio?
Need to discuss a new IP audio system design or project?
Want to learn more about IP audio applications?