Sports & Leisure IP Audio
AUDIO WINS AGAIN!
- Gyms, Sports Clubs & Stadia
- Leisure Centres
- Culture & Heritage
- Leisure Entertainment
- Betting & Gambling
Sports & Leisure Sound Systems
Stadia, Gyms, Horse Racing, Bowling Alley or Museum…. Sports & Leisure settings of all types employ audio systems to provide a variety of audio applications such as mass notification (Tannoy, Paging, PA), Music and bespoke audio through innovative audio solutions such as digital / audio signage. Increasingly, we also find scheduled and triggered audio message playback for events & incidents such as alarm testing, security and lockdown announcements.
Typical Sports & Leisure sound system audio applications:
- Sports Tannoy, Paging & Public Address (PA) – announcements, mass notification
- Foreground & Background Music – events, training & general mood/ambiance
- Scheduled audio Message Playout – covid, fire alarm testing
- Triggered audio Message Playout – security, lockdown
- Audio signage – give screens their voice!
Mass Notification (Tannoy, Paging, PA)
Staff, competitors and visiting public, mass notification through audio communication using ‘Tannoy’, Paging and Public Address (PA) applications are regularly employed in sports & leisure settings.
- Staff call / announcements
- Competitors & Public announcements
- Event and Incident announcements / management
Background Music (BGM)
Foreground and Background Music is regularly employed in most sports and leisure settings.
- Stored Audio Playback (music player)
- Music Streaming Service (eg. Soundtack Your Brand)
- ‘Curated’ local/streaming music service (popular option / choice)
- Zoned Audio – The ability to select and playout different BGM to different areas
Audio Message Playout
Pre-recorded audio tones and messages are used within many sporting and leisure settings. On demand, triggered or scheduled playout of stored audio messages are used.
- Fire Alarm / Systems Testing
- Security & Incident, Lockdown
Digital / Audio Signage (give screens a Voice!)
Audio signage gives digital visual marketing and informational signage a voice. Access via smartphone app, audio signage adds capability to existing or new digital signage and marketing strategy.
- Advertisement & Marketing
- Informational messages (eg. extended event info at a gym / bowling centre or historical artifact details in a museum).
Sports & Leisure IP Audio
Many sporting venues, gyms – leisure settings such as skate parks, bowling alleys or heritage settings such as museums and visitor centres typically employ audio for a variety of functions. IP audio technology providing excellent functional and integrated capability can be used to underpin the demand for flexible and scalable audio designs often associated with sports and leisure venue settings.
IP Audio vs Traditional Audio…
- Offers much improved capability, scalability, management & control
- Provide topology and audio routing options not available with traditional audio
- Requires little or no centralised system equipment
Traditional Audio vs IP Audio…
- Lower system, device and speaker costs
- Wide manufacturer and product choice availability
- Established sales and support channels
Which audio technology?
Sports & Leisure projects requiring access to some of the improved capabilities of IP audio such as flexible management of audio source and audio output (routing and volume control), are likely to require and embrace IP audio. Balancing cost and capability, it is also possible to consider an integrated IP / Traditional system solution mixing both technologies for less complex / demanding project designs.
Sports IP Audio
Want more details about IP Audio?
Need to discuss a new IP audio system design or project?
Want to learn more about IP audio applications?