Rescue & Military IP Audio
AUDIO IN ACTION...
- MoD, Army, Navy & Airforce
- Fire, Police & Ambulance
- First Responder Service
- Air Ambulance Service
Rescue IP Sound System
Audio sound systems are employed by most rescue services and MoD / Military settings. A rescue IP sound system can enable excellent audio capability, including multi-media integration and simple audio routing across these typically large sites.
Example Rescue and Military sound system audio applications:
- Military ‘Station Tannoy’ – synonymous with mass military communication
- Tannoy, Paging & Public Address (PA) – general staff communication
- Audio Message Playout – system testing, security, alarm status
- Muster & Readiness playout – reactive rescue, air ambulance
Rescue & Military Audio Applications
Station 'Tannoy' System (mass notification)
Most MoD / Military sites employ site wide audio system/s to enable reliable site wide mass communication. Generally used for important informative communication as well as instructional announcements for alert readiness and incident actions.
Tannoy, Paging, Public Address (PA)
Staff & visitors – general communication.
- Staff Call / Announcements
- Guest & Visitor Announcements
Audio Message Playout
Pre-recorded audio tones and messages are used within many rescue and military settings. On demand, triggered or scheduled playout of stored audio messages are used.
- Systems testing (eg. fire alarm, crash alarm)
- Security & Incident, Lockdown
Muster & Readiness Playout
Used in both rescue and military settings to muster and control staff for various functions.
- Military – used for incident and security issues
- Fire & Police ‘Turn Out’ – used to ready staff for major call out response
- Rescue – used to ready emergency staff (eg. air ambulance pilots / crews)
Rescue & Military IP Audio
Rescue and military sites are often very large, formed with numerous buildings. Traditional audio cabling can prove very restrictive and prone to issue / deterioration unless very well supported and maintained. As with the commercial sectors, the rescue and military sector has also made significant investment improvement with IP network infrastructures. IP Audio leverages this investment, enabling simple, scalable designs and installation across large sites and buildings.
IP Audio vs Traditional Audio…
- Offers much improved capability, scalability, management & control
- Provide topology and audio routing options not available with traditional audio
- Requires little or no centralised system equipment
Traditional Audio vs IP Audio…
- Lower system, device and speaker costs
- Wide manufacturer and product choice availability
- Established sales and support channels
Which audio technology?
Rescue & Military audio projects requiring access to some of the improved capabilities of IP audio such as flexible management of audio source and audio output (routing and volume control), are likely to require and embrace IP audio. Balancing cost and capability, it is also possible to consider an integrated IP / Traditional system solution mixing both technologies for less complex / demanding project designs.
Healthcare IP Audio
Want more details about IP Audio?
Need to discuss a new IP audio system design or project?
Want to learn more about IP audio applications?