Warehouse & Logistics IP Audio
- Warehousing & Storage
- Transport & Logistics
- Postal & Courier
- Freight & Maritime
Warehouse & Logistics Sound System
Large open space ‘volume’ settings, audio sound systems are employed within many warehousing, logistics and wider transport settings. Example warehouse and logistics sound system audio applications:
- Tannoy, Paging & Public Address (PA) – general staff communication
- Background Music / Radio (BGM)
- Audio Message Playout – system testing, security, alarm status
Tannoy, Paging, Public Address (PA)
Staff & visitors – general communication.
- Staff Call / Announcements
- Guest & Visitor Announcements
Background Music / Radio (BGM)
Simple playout of background music to primary workspace areas. Radio is the typical BGM choice within most logistics and warehouse settings (news, entertainment and travel information).
- Radio – typically derived from an internet radio source – providing choice and stability over FM/DAB and possible signal problems
- IP audio streamer – provides browser based GUI for scheduling or music / radio stations.
Audio Message Playout
Pre-recorded audio tones and messages are used within many logistics & warehouse settings. On demand, triggered or scheduled playout of stored audio messages are used.
- Systems testing (eg. fire alarm testing)
- Safety, Security & Incident, Lockdown
IP Intercom & IP Access Control
Most transport, logistics and warehousing sites use access control measures at their gates, turnstiles and building entry points. IP Intercom elevates function and capability, offering full multi-media interaction and a wide range of access control technology options.
- Multi-media interaction
- PIN, RFID, NFC, Fingerprint & Facial Recognition
- SIP Telephony and ONVIF video integration
- Integrate with Time & Attendance systems
Warehouse & Logistics IP Sound System
Logistics and warehousing sites are generally large open space areas providing unique installation challenges for electrical / audio systems. Many though have invested in network provision (wired and WiFI) – IP Audio leverages this investment, enabling simple, scalable designs and installation across such large sites and buildings.
IP Audio vs Traditional Audio…
- Offers much improved capability, scalability, management & control
- Provide topology and audio routing options not available with traditional audio
- Requires little or no centralised system equipment
Traditional Audio vs IP Audio…
- Lower system, device and speaker costs
- Wide manufacturer and product choice availability
- Established sales and support channels
Which audio technology?
Warehouse and logistics sound system projects requiring access to some of the improved capabilities of IP audio such as flexible management of audio source and audio output (routing and volume control), are likely to require and embrace IP audio. Balancing cost and capability, it is also possible to consider an integrated IP / Traditional system solution mixing both technologies for less complex / demanding project designs.
Healthcare IP Audio
Want more details about IP Audio?
Need to discuss a new IP audio system design or project?
Want to learn more about IP audio applications?