Office & Commercial IP Audio
AUDIO OFFICE EFFECT
- Offices, Meeting and Conference
- Science & Pharmaceutical
- Digital Technology & Gaming
- Travel & Estate Agency
- Banking & Legal
Office & Commercial Sound Systems
Offices of all types and sizes often employ audio systems to enable effective mass notification (office Tannoy, Paging, PA). Increasingly, we also find scheduled and triggered audio message playback for events & incidents such as alarm testing, security and lockdown announcements.
Typical Office & Commercial sound system audio applications:
- Office Tannoy, Paging & Public Address (PA) – staff announcements
- Background Music (BGM) – reception areas and similar areas
- Scheduled audio Message Playout – covid, fire alarm testing
- Triggered audio Message Playout – security, lockdown
Mass Notification (Tannoy, Paging, PA)
Staff and customer mass notification through audio communication using ‘Tannoy’, Paging and Public Address (PA) applications are regularly employed in office and commercial settings.
- Staff call / announcements
- Event and Incident announcements / management
Background Music (BGM)
Background Music (BGM) is not typically used in offices, but is found in related service and hospitality areas such as office reception areas, canteens, restaurants, cafes.
- Stored Audio Playback (music player)
- Music Streaming Service (eg. Soundtack Your Brand)
- ‘Curated’ local/streaming music service (popular option / choice)
- Zoned Audio – The ability to select and playout different BGM to different areas
Audio Message Playout
Pre-recorded audio tones and messages are used within many offices and commercial settings. On demand, triggered or scheduled playout of stored audio messages are used.
- Fire Alarm / Systems Testing
- Security & Incident, Lockdown
IP Intercom & IP Access Control
Most office and commercial sites use access control measures at their gates, doors and building entry points. IP Intercom elevates function and capability, offering full multi-media interaction and a wide range of access control technology options.
- Multi-media interaction
- PIN, RFID, NFC, Fingerprint & Facial Recognition
- SIP Telephony and ONVIF video integration
- Integrate with Time & Attendance systems
Office & Commercial IP Audio
Offices typically enjoy decent network infrastructure capacity and WiFi availability. IP audio can leverage this investment working great within office and wider commercial settings. Scheduling, flexible zoning, time of day audio routing and volume control are conveniently managed through firmware, software and browser GUI.
IP Audio vs Traditional Audio…
- Offers much improved capability, scalability, management & control
- Provide topology and audio routing options not available with traditional audio
- Requires little or no centralised system equipment
Traditional Audio vs IP Audio…
- Lower system, device and speaker costs
- Wide manufacturer and product choice availability
- Established sales and support channels
Which audio technology?
Offices & Commercial projects requiring access to some of the improved capabilities of IP audio such as flexible management of audio source and audio output (routing and volume control), are likely to require and embrace IP audio. Balancing cost and capability, it is also possible to consider an integrated IP / Traditional system solution mixing both technologies for less complex / demanding project designs.
Office IP Audio
Want more details about IP Audio?
Need to discuss a new IP audio system design or project?
Want to learn more about IP audio applications?