The Barix Instreamer encodes and converts legacy traditional audio to IP audio. Use the Barix Instreamer to encode audio from traditional audio sources such as mixer outputs, CD players, MP3 players and radio tuners (essentially any standard audio line level output).
This encoder device samples and encodes audio from a stereo or mono analog source into high-quality MP3 or PCM/uLaw/aLaw IP audio streams with low latency. The resulting audio stream can then be distributed over IP using industry standard and application specific protocols (shoutcast, RTP and others, multicast supported). Application firmware is available from Barix (simple download and update process).
With serial and Ethernet control APIs, open IP-standards and support for PCM, G.711 and MP3, the Instreamer decoder can be integrated with other IP audio device components, controlled by automation systems, or used with Barix’s Exstreamer to create flexible, standards based and cost effective solutions in many commercial audio settings / market sectors.
Abletek Note: We have installed the Barix Instreamer devices within many of our own commercial audio projects. Typically we use these devices in partnership with the Barix Exstreamer (IP audio decoder) to route and extend traditional audio within large buildings, between buildings and even between different sites. We also regularly use The Barix Instreamer as an independent audio source for general audio distribution and background music (BGM) playout.
- Standalone IP Audio Encoder Device with support for MP3, PCM and VoIP (uLAw/aLaw) audio codecs
- Supports IP streaming standards such as TCP/IP, RTP, SIP, Shoutcast, Multicast
- Simple bowser based device management, SNMP Monitoring
- Very low power requirements, high reliability
- Live Encoder for Internet Radio applications & STL
- Source Encoder for IP Audio distribution systems
- Background Music and Music-On-Hold encoder for IP Phone systems
- Shoutcast/Icecast source
- Low Latency Multicast Multichannel distribution of Audio for Video Walls & digital audio signage
- G.711, G.722, PCM linear Encoding, MP3 Encoding (low Latency)
- Shoutcast/Icecast Source capability
- Line Level audio input (Mono & Stereo)
- RS-232 Serial Port
- Power Supply (micro USB)
Why Barix Instreamer?
The Barix Instreamer is manufactured within a solid housing. These devices are fully featured IP audio encoders used extensively within commercial audio installations offering:
- In use for 10+ years (old and new version), 1000’s of Barix Instreamers installed worldwide
- Flexible, versatile commercial IP audio encoder for commercial audio applications and designs
- Audio Distribution
- Background Music (BGM) audio source eg. radio tuner, CD player, MP3 player etc.
- Source encoder for wide range of applications (STL, Shoutcast/Icecast)
- IP audio routing / distribution (encoder)