The Barix Exstreamer 100 range of devices are IP audio decoders that convert IP audio streams into traditional analogue audio to create various commercial audio designs and applications. The Exstreamer 100 is the basic model version (without a display and no relay), with USB memory. Barix Exstreamer devices are used to connect and integrate IP audio streams to traditional audio system devices such as mixers and other similar audio processing / amplification equipment.
Use the Barix Exstreamer to decode audio streams from an IP audio source (eg. Internet Radio, IP music, IP paging, public address (pa) / tannoy Background Music (BGM) or SIP IP telephony. The audio output from the Exstreamer 100 is connected and used for playout through traditional low ohms or 100v line commercial audio system equipment and speakers.
Abletek Note: We have installed Barix Exstreamer devices within many of our own commercial audio projects. Typically we use these devices in partnership with the Barix Instreamer (IP audio encoder) to route and extend 100v line audio within large buildings, between buildings and even between different sites. We also regularly use Exstreamers as an independent audio source into audio equipment for playout of IP microphone, SIP telephony and Internet radio audio streams.
- Browser based GUI for admin, config and control
- Line level audio output via stereo RCA sockets
- AACplus, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, G.711, PCM Decoding
- IP Streaming via HTTP, TCP, UDP, RTP, Multicast
- RS-232 Serial Port
- Supply Voltage (9..30VDC, 12..24VAC)
- USB/µSD card Interface
- One low-voltage Relay (on Exstreamer 110 & 120 only)
- Remote control and built-in IR receiver (on Exstreamer 110 & 120 only)
Exstreamer Model Comparison:
Exstreamer 100 Memory USB, IR use kit
Exstreamer 105 Memory MicroSD, IR use kit
Exstreamer 110 Display 2×16, Memory USB, with integrated relay
Exstreamer 120 Display 2×16, Memory MicroSD, with integrated relay
Why Barix Exstreamer?
The Barix Exstreamers are manufactured within a solid housing. They are fully featured IP audio decoders used extensively within commercial audio installations offering:
- IP audio routing / distribution (decoder)
- Multiroom IP Audio System Receiver
- Instore Audio Player
- Internet Radio Receiver
- SIP and IP Paging Zone Device
- Digital Annunciator, Message Player, Message Repeater
- Generic VoIP decoder for IP Paging and announcement applications
- Commercial Audio Streaming Application